Darren Till is claiming that Dillon Danis refused to fight him following the fallout of his bout with KSI.
Till was scheduled to take on Darren Stewart in the co-main event of Misfits Boxing 21 on March 29 at the AO Arena in Manchester, England. The fight card was set to be headlined by a grudge match between KSI and Danis.
However, last week, the YouTuber-turned-boxer revealed that a three-week struggle with illness had led to the entire event being postponed.
Disheartened by the event’s postponement, “The Gorilla” voiced his frustration on social media, emphasizing that he was fully prepared for his fight. He even had a chance to salvage the card, but unfortunately, it didn’t come to fruition.
During a recent interview with iFL TV, Till revealed that he was offered a chance to face Danis in a reworked main event. However, according to the UFC welterweight title challenger, “El Jefe” ultimately declined the fight.
“Yeah, that was brought up, and I don’t know whether they said something like, they couldn’t do it for some political reasons, or I don’t know if he said no,” Darren Tll said. “I’m pretty certain that he [Danis] said no. I can’t imagine Dillon wanting to fight me in boxing. I tried to fight him, but obviously, that didn’t materialize. So I don’t know why. On my side, obviously, I said yeah, but who knows on their side.
Darren Till returned to competition after a prolonged absence following his UFC departure, making his boxing debut under the Social Knockouts banner in June 2024. In an unexpected outcome, he claimed a TKO victory over Mohammad Mutie.
“The Gorilla” later returned to the ring under the Misfits Boxing banner in January, competing in a professional bout where he secured a sixth-round knockout against Anthony Taylor.
Meanwhile, as Danis awaits the rescheduling of his bout against KSI, he remains booked to compete under the newly launched Global Fight League (GFL). He is set to face former UFC interim lightweight champion Tony Ferguson in a bout provisionally set for May.